Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hashem Gave Us a Present...

A little late, but there a still a few hours to line up some reading material going into שבועות.  As always, YU Shavuot To Go is likely to be a good read, though I wonder of it will measure up to other issues, as they have a theme (shidduchim and marriage) for many of the articles.  I've sometimes found that when you limit the writers or speakers by topic, you don't get the same product as when you just ask for their best essay on שבועות.  The one article that I know I'm looking forward to, and that is not compromised in any way is one by our own Mrs. Sinensky.  If that's not enough to keep you busy, you can check out last year's edition, highlighted by an outstanding essay by Mrs. Kahan.

Of course the highlight of שבועות is the annual overnight learning program (Mishmover II?) at Roemer.  While I will unfortunately not be there, I wish I could, as the lineup of shiurim from faculty, alumni and seniors is really amazing.  It's also a great opportunity to study for Talmud exams that many of you have coming up.

חג שמח!

No comments: