Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happiness

Sorry, that was a little bit of a downer for a welcome back post.  I'll try to make it up to you with this fascinating article in the Times about psychological studies about happiness.  It's not that long, read it.

Also on this subject, here was one of my book recommendations from the blog's opening:
The Geography of Bliss (Eric Weiner) - I read it on Ms. Socken's advice, and though it took me a bit to get in to, I ended up enjoying it a lot. A reporter for NPR travels to the happiest and least happy countries on Earth to see what lessons about happiness he can learn. The chapters that spoke most to me (though I doubt many of you will choose the same ones) were Iceland (which contains what I consider to be the single most important line of the book - I won't give it away) & Thailand.
(Note to those of you who have been through 11th grade Gemara, remember Rav Dessler's approach to love and compare it to this article.)

No comments: